Saturday, September 15, 2012

09.15.12

It's another rainy day here in Rolla. It gives Eric and I an excuse to lay around all day like usual :-P

Yesterday, I finished the green basket weave scarf I've been working on:

The pattern up close.

Eric modeling for me :]


FINALLY! That pattern takes FOREVER especially with that tiny yarn.  But the yarn is made with bamboo and it's very soft. Last night I also finished this delicious champagne we got for the wedding:

Yum :]
Around noon yesterday, my sewing machine arrived! Already! It was supposed to take 5-8 business days and it only took two! Today I finished watching the instructional DVD and reading the manual.  Tomorrow I'm going to start the sewing 101 classes I referred to in my last post.



Yesterday I started my training for Kroger and spent five long hours doing training videos - BORING.  I start tomorrow at 5am with the bakery manager. Then I work one more shift with her and I'm on my own.  I'm excited and nervous.  I'm glad the job has a lot of autonomy and that it's an early shift.  That way I have the whole rest of the day. My shifts will always end between 11:30am and 1:00pm which is awesome.

That's all for now. I'm going to relax before yoga at 5pm.




No comments:

Post a Comment